CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.09.2012

Thing 1 & 2 Gender Reveal Cakes

Hi! Remember me? If you can't tell I've been a little MIA lately, sorta busy starting a different busy right now. Anyway, I haven't chEATed on my readers. I've still been doing some baking. I recently made mint brownies, chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, chocolate and toffee cookies, chocoholic cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries... I'm sensing a trend: CHOCOLATE!

I haven't been doing many cakes lately, but when I heard one of my very best friends in the whole world was having twins my response was something like this:

"congrats, I'm so excited!
can I do gender reveal cakes please!?!?"

This friend of mine already has 2 wonderful boys so we were all really hoping for a girl. For this reason she decided that she would find out the genders at the ultra-sound but it would be a surprise for everyone else (including her husband) at the party. I knew immediately I wanted to do Thing 1 and Thing 2 cakes and they turned out even better than I envisioned. And thank you to the other bestie for taking a decent pic of the cakes!


I didn't get a good pic of cutting into the Thing 1 cake, but the center was blue, meaning another boy for them. Here is the pic of the Thing 2 cake.


PINK! A girl! Woo-hoo!

I am so excited for this bestie to be having twins. I look forward to enjoying all the fun parts of twins with none of the hard part ;)