CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.01.2011

Train Cake #2


Choo-choo! All aboard for the candy train. For a little boy's 3rd Thomas-themed birthday party I made this 3D candy cake with 4 dozen chocoholic cupcakes to match, complete with sprinkled "coal dust" (crushed cookies).

On the drive over I nearly died when the cake tipped over and smashed in the backside.


Luckily I had a tiny repair kit that consisted of ONLY the same blue frosting and smashed cookies. I was so lucky it didn't smash somewhere else! A little zigzag here and cookie crumbles there and all was well. When he saw the cake he exclaimed "it's Thomas!" gotta love it! Happy Birthday Jordan!


*I did this similar Train cake last year for my son's birthday. This year he's thinking either Transformers or Super Heroes. I'm trying to persuade him to go with Super Heroes since I've already done this Transformers cake. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Gigi's Thimble

Amazing Tina! Oh, p.s. I met your auntie fonoimoana the other day from hawaii. She's married to your dad's brother. I think her name was Evett? Small world. It was really fun to meet her though (we met at the fabric store I work at, Just Sew).

Take care!
Amber

Ku'uipo Photography

Hey Tina, Just wanted to drop in and say once again GRRREAT job with Finau's cake. I want to make up an event just to order something fancy..lol Keep up the great work can't wait to see you on your on TLC cake show :)

*those lingerie ones you did are hilarious! never seen anything like that..lol