CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.12.2012

Prince & Princess Birthday Cupcakes


A couple weeks after my baby's birthday my older daughter turned 3! To help her celebrate I knew she wanted a princess themed party. We invited her little friends over and when we realized a good friend of hers was also turning 3 a couple days later we decided to combine their parties.


I was worried about the decor being to feminine so I stuck to a yellow crown for the cupcake toppers. I was so excited about these because they gave me an opportunity to use my new Cricut Cake. My son (age 4) said the crowns looked like fingers... he just might be right, oops! I haven't quite mastered this device, but am really excited about all the possibilities! I also wanted the kids to do a little activity so I went to Burger King and asked for some crowns, painted them with chalkboard paint and the kids used chalk to decorate their own crowns. The special birthday Prince and Princess had bright yellow crowns so they could feel extra special!

For the cupcakes I made minis and 2 large cupcakes for the guests of honor. I tried a new flavor, red velvet, and needless to say it will not be going on the chEATday menu. I'm sorry people, I just don't really like red velvet cake anyway and was more than embarrassed to serve it to my guests. Luckily, I had some extra Peanutbutter-Cup-Cakes in the fridge for the grown-ups :)

1 comments:

Omi

Ok I know this is like a million years later but I just saw this and wanted to say the party was AWESOME! It was a great idea. And the cupcakes even more so! Your cupcakes are amazing :)