CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.05.2011

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Cake


Ok, I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this cake turned out. When Line told me she was having a Mickey Mouse themed party I knew exactly what I wanted to do... the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! My son loved this show when he was a little younger and I've always thought it'd look awesome in cake. The question was: could I do it?

I dreamed about this cake. literally. (I know how sad that is) I made lists for making sure this cake turned out right. It took basically the whole week to complete, I'll post about the lengthy process of cake making another time.

The base of the cake is Chocoholic cake with cream cheese frosting.

The red dome is also Chocoholic cake covered in marshmallow fondant with fondant windows and piped accents.

Mickey head, Mickey's hands, the foot door, and most of Mickey's fingers are all rice cereal treats. (the reason I say MOST is because my hubba-bubba ate on one Mickey's fingers!) They were all covered with marshmallow fondant and accented with cream cheese frosting.

Mickey's ears are fondant and everything is held together with several lollipop sticks.

And of course Chocoholic cupcakes with Mickey's signature head and ears.

I'm not sure if you can tell by the pic, but this cake was HUGE. To make sure it made it there safely I saved the assembly until we got to the party. It was really so fun and I was so pleased how things turned out. The birthday boy's brother even spent the first few minutes complaining that he wanted to lick the Mickey Cake LOL, it was hilarious! Happy 1st birthday baby boy!

3 comments:

Nic & Trudi

This is absolutely adorable. Nixon is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and he would LOVE this cake. Good job mama!!!

Line

The cake was seriously incredible! Thank u again (a million times!) for taking the time to make it look as amazing as it did. U r so talented and the only thing I regret is not thinking to tell u to put ur card on the cake table cause so many were asking whoe made it, etc. U da bomb tina! Love ya!

Janet Fonoimoana

Tina, you continue to amaze me! Your talent and creativity are only surpassed for your kindness in being a good friend and aunty. Love you SO much!