CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.16.2011

Chocolate Haupia Cupcakes

Ladies and Gentlemen... chEATday is proud to present to you:

Chocolate-Haupia Cupcakes!


How does every part of this name keep getting better and better? Say it out loud.

Chocolate. Haupia. Cupcake.

I am originally from Hawaii, and have always loved Chocolate Haupia Pie. With my latest order of Chocoholics I decided it was time to experiment and create a chEATday version of this treat.


I started with a haupia filling, but the cupcake was masking the haupia flavor, so finally decided haupia needed a layer all it's own. So here you have it, the cupcake is my signature Chocoholic cupcake, then a layer of yummy haupia, topped with rich whipping cream. Maybe next time I'll toast up some shredded coconut... It is an explosion of flavor in your mouth for a whole new chEATday experience. Needless to say the samples didn't last long. They are a much lighter cupcake for summer, so get them soon! $18/dzn

*if you don't know what Haupia is, think: thick coconut pudding, it's amazing!